SMA Sunny Island 8.0H solar battery inverter – the most reliable all-purpose solution for your home and commercial applications as well as to the utility grid and in off-grid locations The most reliable all-purpose solution – easier than ever With the new generation of devices, the tried-and-tested Sunny Island battery inverters are easier and more affordable to install than ever – both in your home and in commercial applications as well as to the utility grid and in off-grid locations.
Proven technology now even more affordable
The Sunny Island has been installed more than 70,000 times worldwide. With the new generation, installers and PV system operators benefit from an even more user-friendly battery inverter.
- Lower system costs thanks to fewer components
- Faster installation and commissioning with a simple user interface
- Warranty period extended to 10 years
Communicative in all areas
Thanks to its integrated user interface and standard WLAN and Ethernet interfaces, the Sunny Island can be immediately and easily configured and monitored via smartphones or tablets.
- Uses standard Ethernet and WLAN interfaces
- Web connect for faster and easier PV system monitoring with Sunny Portal / Sunny Places
- Local monitoring via web interface
- Optimized data logging for maximum transparency, even without continuous online access
Can be used flexibly in private homes and commercial enterprises
The Sunny Island has maximum flexibility, from operation in remote off-grid areas to commercial or home energy management. It gives planners total freedom in the size and type of system, the battery and the type of energy generation. Works with self-consumption systems, battery backup systems and off-grid systems.
- Ideal for retrofits or modular expansions of single- and three-phase systems in the 1 to 30 kW range
- All lead-acid batteries and over 20 different lithium-ion batteries can be used
- Can be expanded with SMA Multicluster-Technologie for systems in the 20 to 300 kW range
Self-consumption systems in your own home
As a core element in the SMA Flexible Storage System, the Sunny Island temporarily stores the solar power from the system. It automatically controls the power consumption in the home in conjunction with the intelligent Sunny Home Manager 2.0 energy manager. Solar power can then be used 24 hours a day – both in your home and in commercial enterprises.